MTI/Music Technology have planned a whopper of an Enhancement Week this year, with a full week of events, including workshops, masterclasses, conferences, student performances, industry networking events, capped with the annual VBAB at the Phoenix.
Join us for as much as you can, and do pass the information along to any and all who might be interested. It's going to be a great week!
Here's the full listing:
MTI Events, Enhancement Week February 27th - March 3rd 2017:
Monday February 27th:
- ‘Town and Gown - A Leicester Music Extravaganza!’, 7pm, 2Funky Music Cafe (23A New Park Street)
Tuesday February 28th:
- MOBILISE Hackathon 10 am – 4pm, Clephan 00.16
Wednesday March 1st:
- MOBILISE Conference 10 am – 5pm, PACE
- MOBILISE Performance 7pm – 9pm, PACE
Thursday March 2nd:
- Petros Galanakis: Composition/Production of Psychedelic Trance Masterclass, 10am-1pm, Queens 1.33
- Tim Hall: Electric Guitar Recording Masterclass, 2pm-5pm, Queens 1.29a-c.
- Bob Coburn: Audiovisual Masterclass, 2-5pm, Clephan 00.16
Friday March 3rd:
- 'Music Industry Info Share', 10:00 - 4:30, The Venue (details below)
- Visual Bits Audible Bytes, 6pm, Phoenix
'Music Industry Info Share’, Friday March 3rd 10:00-4:30, The Venue - DETAILS:
10am Morning session signup;
10:30am - 12noon
Room A - Tony Platt - Production & mix clinic.
Room B - Mark Cousins - Sound for picture in advertising.
1:30pm Afternoon session signup;
Room A(B) - Industry insight Q&A
Tom Bacon, Ioana Barbu, Thomas Dodds, Antony James
Tony Platt & Mark Cousins
Room A & B - Refreshments and networking. Prize draw for work experience/shadowing days.
All attendees will be entered to a prize draw to win:
Day work placements at:
- Bauer Media Recording Studios located in London.
Exciting opportunity to assist alumna Ioana Barbu producing and engineering sessions for varied station outputs.
- BBC Music Research and Development in London.
Exciting opportunity to assist alumnus Tom Dodds in developing/testing new online mixing tools and see the workings behind Six Music.
- Travel expenses will be covered by the University.